News: Important Tuesday Updates to HCA Families Regarding Hurricane
Please read this information through to the end for several updates regarding this week at Highlands.
1. We want to begin by asking you to join us in praying for the country of Haiti and the friends/loved ones of our HCA families who are enduring this devastating storm today.
2. As we shared on Monday, the HCA Administration is closely following the weather reports and developments of Hurricane Matthew. For information and updates, families may check www.highlandschristian.org and/or listen to radio stations WRMB 89.3 FM, WAYFM 88.1, watch (Broward) NBC, CBS, ABC, and check the HCA Facebook page. Highlands may also send out email updates and mass text alerts.
3. Families are asked to be sure HCA has their current cell phone number so they will receive mass alerts if they are sent. All phone number updates can be made by calling the HCA main office at 954-421-1747 x1000.
4. At this time, a decision has not been made about the days Highlands will be open or closed this week. However, since Friday is a big day around campus, please note the following items.
5. If Highlands is open on Friday, the Grandparents Day program at 9:00 a.m. will be as planned, however the refreshments before the program are cancelled. This is a half day for K3 – 5th, and daycare students must bring a lunch as the cafeteria will be closed.
6. If Highlands is closed on Thursday, the JH/HS Chick-fil-A / pizza lunch on Friday will be cancelled, and refunds will be given. If school is open on Friday, the cafeteria will still be closed. JH / HS students MUST bring a lunch.
7. If Highlands is open on Friday (and weather permitting), homecoming will be as planned. The varsity game will be at 7:00 p.m., with live stream at www.highlandsknights.org/live.
8. Thank you for your support of our school! We appreciate you! We will be praying for your safety as we all track the path of Hurricane Matthew. We continue to cling to the faithfulness and protection of our great God. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear…” – Psalm 46:1-2